Stop Me if You Think You’ve Heard This One Before

April 23rd, 2007

It wasn’t a killer morning, by any stretch. I woke up late, disoriented because I’m sleeping in the guest room while Adam suffers through a ferocious bout with bronchitis and hacks his face off, and discovered that we had no water due to the construction on our street. Yes, yes, they TOLD us about it a while back, but who remembers these things? I had to brush my teeth at the office, dry shave my underarms (hott) and stumble around to find something to wear that didn’t require a shower steam to de-wrinkle.

Anyway. While Adam hacked his way through a Z-pack all weekend, I went shopping, and honestly, I don’t know what I expected, but I’m pretty sure it was along the lines of salesperson after salesperson sizing up my newly-sveltish form and announcing with shock and glee, “Oh dear… I think you’re just too tiny for everything we have in this store! We are OUT of size zeros!”

Sigh. I kid. What I really missed, however, was the assistance of my husband who, in his infinitely endearing honesty, would not hesitate to answer me honestly when I posed the question, “Does this make me look…hefty?” That might make people blanch, but considering he’s among the kindest, most complimentary of men most of the time, I appreciate his honesty. Also, every time he tells me I look great, I bask in the compliment, because the guy, he doesn’t make shit up, and he sure doesn’t lie.

Anyway, along the lines of size zero-talk, something Emily said the other day really struck a chord with me, and I hate to even bring this up, but it really fries my pork rinds sometimes, the way women are caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to weight and body issues. Oddly, this is probably not what you’re expecting, so those on Eating Disorder and Media Screaming Alert can put down your chopsticks and relax. Or not.

Let me preface this by saying that I’ve never had an eating disorder, and frankly, I’ve never really had body image issues aside from the typical 10-30 pounds so many of us struggle to lose time and time again. This probably discounts what I’m about to say to a lot of people, but I’m somewhat embarrassed to report that I’ve always liked myself, and I’ve always been very comfortable with the way that I look. Truthfully, whatever issues I’ve ever had, self-esteem and concerns about my appearance really weren’t among them. If nothing else, I’d be largely unaware of how I looked, even when I gained weight – I never understood how or why the washing machine managed to shrink my clothes (ALL OF THEM), never considering the problem might be my ever-expanding ass.

That being said, my issue is this: It’s frustrating to me that our society is so confused about healthy body image and eating that some seem to universally see it as a negative when people want to make healthier changes and drop a few pounds. Frankly, I think this is an area where too many mixed messages have confused the donuts out of half of America, me included, and I’m not sure where it’s written that wanting to be healthier and more in shape means that you’re succumbing to some sort of media-driven ideal. I don’t want to be Nicole Richie. I want to be a healthier me (Gag me) (Also cue Special K music). I don’t have a size in mind, and I realize I’m not ever going to have washboard abs, or even flat abs, and that’s fine with me. There is a difference, and sometimes it feels like wanting to do any sort of self-improvement of any kind in this area is a massive, red-alert feminism failure (My doorbell is ringing. It’s Germaine Greer!), and entails handing over your soul to the gods of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

It’s not. I liked myself then, and I like myself now. I think a lot of people feel this way, frankly. And while I’m all for embracing your shape at any size, I think that making a change towards healthier habits is a good idea for everyone, no matter what your gender or size, and I hate that it’s considered almost disrespectful to say so. Would I like to be a smaller pants size? Why sure! Who wouldn’t? Does it mean I’m on some sort of slippery slope towards an eating disorder, and does it mean that I’m dealing with uncontrollable bouts of self-loathing because I can’t fit into that Betsey Johnson I fell in love with at the Saks Outlet? Actually, no, but you know it really did piss me off that 90% of the clothes at Saks are designed for a PEANUT, because if that dress was a size 10 or even an eight, I will eat this laptop right here and now. But I digress.

There is no in-between. You’re either too fat, and therefore are unacceptable to society, or you’re careening towards an eating disorder and therefore, also unacceptable to society. You’re only allowed to make healthy changes unless you’re so far out of the realm of the healthy weight range – in either direction – that it’s obvious to everyone, many of whom are horrified and secretly sizing up their own body next to yours, thinking, “Well, at least I don’t look like her.” Oh yes, then you’re allowed to make changes. But the world will gleefully watch as you put yourself there, crowing, “Eat whatever you want! Don’t exercise! EMBRACE your shape!” or, alternatively, “Are you really going to eat that?”

I’m all for embracing your shape. I am. God knows I have to embrace a whole shitload of flaws, both internal and external, every day, and really, I do. I mean, I don’t HUG my thighs every day, but I accept them. And I like them, and they’re fine. But I like them a whole lot more now that I at least feel like I’m taking care of them, even if they haven’t changed all that much since I started exercising and eating more broccoli (my digestive system politely begs to differ, because it feels changes, yes it does).

I don’t really know what I’m trying to say, except that we’re kind of all over the place when it comes to this sort of thing. Embrace your shape! (Get smaller thighs.) Eat the quesadilla! (Don’t be anorexic!) Exercise! (But not too much! Don’t get obsessed!). Jesus. No wonder we’re all so flipping confused.

And like I said, I still like myself. But the fact that these jeans finally fit? I like that too.

Yeah, uh, self portraits? Clearly not my forte, and actually, I’m kind of happy about that, given my fear of all things Flickr and Self Portraity. This was a test for something, and is the only thing that came out clear. However, you get the bonus of my Ronald McDonald hair and the ugly-ass gold shoes I bought to match my bridesmaid’s dress for next weekend’s wedding extravaganza. (To the bride: I found another pair. This was just a back up, I swear.)

Also, um, please note that about two hours after this photo was taken, I realized my shirt was on inside out. Or more accurately, my coworker did.

*The Smiths! Of course.

• 1. Gentry  |  April 24th, 2007 at 12:54 am

I love the gold mule. Very “Endora” in a good way.

• 2. EDW  |  April 24th, 2007 at 4:14 am

Word, on the whole post. I too have great body esteem, but it’s awfully nice to fit into me jeans, and I’m so far from an eating disorder or society’s image of skinny, it’s not even funny. When I change my diet, I do it to feel better and be healthier, and I do lose weight and fit into my jeans, but it’s not like lose the weight or I’ve failed.

Love the song.

• 3. Swistle  |  April 24th, 2007 at 5:29 am

I’ve wondered about this, too. One of my many, mnay conclusions is that some of the backlash comes from the people who say they’re dieting to be “healthier” when you know actually they would eat nuclear waste if it would make them thinner, and that if being healthier meant GAINING weight, they would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS do it. When you see/hear too much of that over the years, or when those people profess concern over your “health” when you know for sure they mean your fattyness, it causes a snapping-back reaction that goes too far and causes problems for people who seriously are trying to take care of their health.

• 4. Christine  |  April 24th, 2007 at 5:37 am

Amen sista.

And lately I’ve been finding that I have put on sweaters and other shirts backwards way later in the day that necessary. Sigh.

• 5. Claire  |  April 24th, 2007 at 6:27 am

I would have to say that you are one of the few lucky ones who knows that you are perfectly fine the way you are. I wish i could say the same for myself, but i KNOW that not only am i not ‘healthy’ but also not ‘thin’ and if i could have one or the other, i would feel a lot better about myself. Also, i agree with Swistle. Good point about the nuclear waste.

It’s very hard for a lot of people to ’embrace their shape’ and be happy with they way they are. Good for you for being smart. : )

• 6. TwoBusy  |  April 24th, 2007 at 6:44 am

If the bride had known you were planning to go Ronald MacDonald on top, she might’ve allowed you to wear more thematically appropriate red shoes.

• 7. TwoBusy  |  April 24th, 2007 at 6:46 am

Btw — your camera accidentally drained all the color out of your bedroom.

• 8. Sadie  |  April 24th, 2007 at 6:59 am

I also read Emily’s post about losing weight and her defensiveness about doing so, and I personally found it sad that a person who wishes to improve their health and appearance has to apologize for that or explain her motivations. But I suppose you’re right that so many people have negative and/or unhealthy body images, and that often comes from societal pressure and media images of what a “good body” looks like, size- and shape-wise. So I understand why Emily felt the need to explain her motivation, lest anyone pathologically identify with her in a “I hate my body too and want to look more like Paris Hilton!” kind of way. It’s sad how many women are, to put it plainly, fucked up about their bodies.

I, like you, am generally content with the body I have. Naturally there is always something I would like to improve on or change, but overall I am accepting and grateful for the healthy body I have, even if I do sometimes need to lose 10 lbs or dressing room lighting makes me realize I have cellulite on my ARMS (really?! that must be a bad angle). And when I beat myself up about not fitting into my favorite pants, I remind myself that I am healthy and mobile and able to change it, and lots of people can’t say that.

• 9. Spring  |  April 24th, 2007 at 7:15 am

I suffered through an eating disorder in college, and I often pitted myself in competition with my roommate, who very much did not have an eating disorder but was still very slim. Every so often we’d attack each other’s bodies and then feel really bad about it. Varicose veins, muscular thighs, bulky shoulders. Everything was up for a passive-aggressive jab.

After college, this friend of mine put on a little bit of weight, and I was honestly very very pleased that her thighs are now bigger than mine. Recently we went shopping together, and I made involuntary remark after involuntary remark about how Banana Republic’s zeros are now too large for me, about how it’s good that we aren’t the same size anymore because now we make for better shopping buddies. And so on. A couple of hours after I got home from our trip, I realized what I had done, and I owned up to it and apologized to my friend. The eating disorder is long gone, but the competitiveness will probably never leave. Unfortunately.

It’s disgusting how mean I can be without even realizing it.

• 10. Jamie  |  April 24th, 2007 at 7:19 am

This is why I don’t ever use a scale. My body image is all about how I feel in my clothes. Pants getting too tight? Time to reconsider that second stack of pesto jack and ritz crackers. Then again, I am very lucky to have started off in a healthy place and I know that my own thoughts about my body are first and foremost rooted in reality. Others are not so lucky.

• 11. Angella  |  April 24th, 2007 at 7:28 am

You hit the nail on the head. You get flack if you’re “bigger”, you get flack if you’re “smaller”. People like to judge you no matter whet you do or look like…sigh.

• 12. Jennifer  |  April 24th, 2007 at 8:40 am

Swistle’s comment is right on, and I hadn’t really wrapped my mind around that nebulous idea before reading it (thanks Swistle).

I have always been reasonably thin; not supermodel-ish, but always with a reasonable BMI. But I’m also struggling with high cholesterol, and (my own personal demon is that) I struggle with the whole mental image of getting older. I’ve found that people guess me younger because I’m on the thin side. So half the time I wonder if I’m eating low-fat for my cholesterol-free health, or if I’m really doing it because I want people to think I’m 30 years old.

I ordered a nonfat latte the other day and the barista made some comment like, “well you don’t need a skinny latte!” and I jumped to my defensive excuse “well, I have high cholesterol so I have to have nonfat.” That seemed to make her happy, as in “OK, you have a good excuse for dieting, but if you didn’t have the cholesterol thing going for you, then you’d obviously have an eating disorder.”

It is so odd, isn’t it. And we never seem to hear about men dealing with this. Do men ever order nonfat lattes?

• 13. SueB  |  April 24th, 2007 at 9:37 am

Yes, yes. Once again, right on.

Even though I have been a “larger” woman for about 15 years now, I have never loathed myself. It was my ex who sort of wanted me to. He wanted me to see how disgusting I was! Why wouldn’t I just realize it and do something about it? And ironically, the more he pushed, the less I wanted to do something about it. Now that I am away from him, I am making small, healthy changes without any problem. When I was with him it was like “Ha! Potato chips IN YOUR FACE, sucka!” (Though the one time I lost 20 pounds – in my nutrition class challenge – he did not say a word of encouragement or give me a compliment. )

• 14. Andrea  |  April 24th, 2007 at 9:44 am

Amen!

Since I too am trying to fit into smaller jeans, I’ve noticed another thing: I am going out of my way not to foist (ew, that’s almost “moist” ~ sorry for that) my new eating choices on anyone else, particularly family. But food is such an underlying theme to my husband’s family that each and every time I resist temptation, I run the risk of offending the preparer of the food. I dread the first weekend trip with his extended family (we take several over the summer, mostly camping trips) because I will be derided for bringing my own food despite my explaining that I am now vegan and choose not to eat the stuff they eat. I’m not preaching to them about their food choices. I’m simply not emulating them, but I dread the day those feathers get ruffled. I suspect they already have been.

• 15. caquincy  |  April 24th, 2007 at 10:17 am

I get flack quite often about my weight–or “lack” of it–at work. One time a co-worker brought in donuts and asked me if I wanted one. “No thanks, I’m not hungry.” “Well, THERE’S your problem!! You don’t have to be hungry to eat a donut!!” And I was told by the same person one summer that I had gotten “too skinny” and was looking anorexic. I’ve also been told by another co-worker, “Oh, that’s right, you don’t have to worry about calories.” WHAT?
    I eat moderately healthy–that’s all there is to it! I’m not denying myself donuts–I just don’t particulary care for them and I rarely eat them. I’ve never had a horrible body image–I’ve always been happy with myself, and I’ve certainly never been “too skinny” (I always lose quickly after birth due to the NURSING, folks!). And YES, I have to worry about calories, too. I CHOOSE to eat better now so that I won’t have horrible health (like my mother and MIL) later. Gawd, don’t get me started.

To my almost-vicious co-workers: I’m not thin just to make you feel bad that you’re dieting, so please stop trying to make ME feel bad that I’m where I want/should be!

Sorry….I just get very, very frustruated. Ironically, I was going to put something about this in my blog recently, but I kept forgetting….

• 16. Jody  |  April 24th, 2007 at 10:18 am

Officially delurking.

I joined WW through an at work program 7 years ago for a few reasons. One, my weight had slowly crept up to a point where everything in my closet was too tight. Two, I was going to start dancing again and knew I wouldn’t like the body I saw in the mirrors at the studio. Lastly, it was right after my grandmother and aunt both died from strokes that were related to their diabetes due to their weight. I knew I had to make changes. WW worked for me and I really didn’t tell too many people at first I was doing it since I when I did tell someone they always told me I looked fine and didn’t need to lose any weight. I lost what I wanted within about 6 months and I’ve maintained that loss since then. I still dance and now I even teach dance. I work out with my husband at the gym 3-4 times a week and eat much healthier then we did 7 years ago. I still have people tell me I don’t need to watch what I eat or exercise and I have to remind myself that they don’t know me and I know that the changes I made 7 years ago hopefully will be the ones that keep my weight down and keep the diabetes at bay. Though I can’t deny the added benefit of how I look in those mirrors now.

• 17. Leah  |  April 24th, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Unfortunately, weight is another issue about which judging seems to be the norm. As a naturally thin (but not as healthy as I could be) person, I also find myself too often needing to defend my eating habits to people who should just mind their own business. It’s easy to assume that when I order a salad instead of a double cheeseburger or only eat one slice of pizza there’s something fishy going on. Hence my frequent talk of IBS and all its many spendored symptoms at the dinnertable. Ick, yes, but they asked for it.

• 18. Daily Tragedies  |  April 24th, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Argh, yes. I’m running! I’m being healthy! I’m accomplishing things! My clothes fit better!

And yet, I’m a wee bit disappointed that my scale isn’t as enthusiastic about all this healthy living as I am.

• 19. Amanda  |  April 24th, 2007 at 2:54 pm

I have struggled with what I affectionately call “disordered eating” (nearly anorexia, then bulimia-esque behaviors,,,but without the barfing) for many years and have only really been free of it for the past 3 years. You articulated so well what I have often thought about society’s judgements and expectations re: weight and women’s body issues.
    You are beautiful now, just as you were before. It’s refreshing to find someone so secure in themselves and who can rise above the obssessive nature of weight control that so many of us fall prey to.
    In short, I think you are wonderful.

• 20. Emily  |  April 24th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

YES. Just… yes.

This is what I wanted to say, but you have said it so much better. I just don’t want the words “I’m trying to lose a few pounds” to be twisted to mean “I want to be a size 2” or “I want to poke your eyes out with my collarbones.” I like being me. I’d like being me a wee bit better if I could fit into everything in my closet again, but mainly that’s because a) I would be certain I was a little healthier and b) because then I wouldn’t have to spend SO FREAKING MUCH MONEY ON NEW CLOTHES.

Anyhoo. I heart you for this post.

• 21. Meepers  |  April 24th, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Ah weight…

My arch enemy of the past few years….While I don’t mind being, ahem, more of a woman than I used to be, and I don’t have ‘naked issues”…I notice more and more that I hate 90% of the fashionable clothes now – because I’m not a size 4-6 – and they look TERRIBLE on me.

The facts that a) my body decided to rebel against itself by hanging onto every last calorie like I like in a Siberian gulag in winter b) my inner self-portrait and outer appearance don’t match are what I really despise….

Almost as much as the insanity the media puts on us as women, every day. Size Double zero my (big fat) a$$.

• 22. Melanie  |  April 24th, 2007 at 7:31 pm

That is so, so, so true. I wish more people could be content with themselves. Though that’s part of my problem – I used to be damn happy with my size, and as I’ve gained I’ve stayed stuck in that “I’m cute and shapely” mindset, so it’s hard for me to look down and realize that, yeah, I do look like… like… like eewww fatto. Inside I’m still thinnish. I guess I’ve internalized the good body feeling in a bad way. How totally like me.

• 23. Orange Peacock  |  April 25th, 2007 at 3:15 am

I think I’m the only person here who isn’t happy with their size. At all. I certainly can’t complain about things being made just for “the size fours” when I can’t even get below a size fourteen anymore because of my medication-shot metabolism.

Of course, I’ve spent the last eight or so years of my life throwing up nearly everything I eat, so I suppose I’ve dug my own grave on the matter.

(And lest this comment be horribly misconstrued, I am saying that vomiting is a stupid way to try to lose weight that does not work. Don’t try it.)

• 24. Alexa  |  April 25th, 2007 at 11:03 am

Yes, yes, yes. I have gotten a lot of flak from my family about joining WW, for the reasons you cite–a vague sense (by them) that I am somehow being anti-feminist, or mired in self-loathing, when actually I am doing this because I like myself enough to want to take better care of my body and feel healthy and fit (ish). And of course I am doing it because I want to look better in clothes, and I don’t think that makes me shallow. Excellent post, on a rarely discussed topic.

• 25. Laurel  |  April 25th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Ohhh yes. I’ve been doing this song and dance since I was 5. It’s sad that over the past 6 years, I have lost over 80lbs. I am in a healthy weight range for my height and a size 8/10 and I STILL obsess about my thighs and wave my arms madly just to see them jiggle. No matter what I do there’s always that wall that nothing is ever good enough and it’s sad because it is the only part of my life that is this way. I guess it’s because I grew up being overweight, and then obese and then healthy.

This just baffles me to no end.

• 26. Mauigirl52  |  April 25th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Very well put. I actually used to be very petite (actually small, not just short!) when I was young, and I still don’t see myself as um, hefty, although I actually am now. But I love food. So the only reason I personally would like to lose weight is totally for health reasons. I am in my early 50’s now and have high blood pressure (controlled by meds) and don’t want to get diabetes. But if it were just about body image – I couldn’t care less. Mind you, if I lost the extra pounds and was able to fit into a smaller size, great. But if I could be the size I am now, eat whatever I want, and live to be a healthy 102 years old without losing weight or exercising, I’d do that with no problem.

• 27. Beth  |  April 25th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Amen. I was happy ten pounds and a major muffin-top ago, but I’m happier now because I feel better. Admittedly, I’m also happier because my husband is grabbing my ass more, so sue me.

• 28. winterwheat  |  April 25th, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Girl, you said it. Now try being a research psychologist and professor of communication and nutrition who studies the effects of mass media exposure on body image and eating disorders. I’m thin, so people think research must be me-search. Consequently, I feel obliged to eat sweets and desserts whenever people are around, for impression management purposes. Problem is, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at only 8 weeks pregnant (practically unheard of), with a BMI of 19. My genes suck. I’m thin but my body can’t WAIT to get type II diabetes. I can’t eat like normal people can. My skinny brother already has type II diabetes; in my family you don’t have to be fat or inactive to get it. So now I’ve been trying to refuse dessert when I really don’t want it, but it’s hard, because people look at me like I’m betraying the cause. Why can’t a feminist stance mean doing what feels good and sound and healthy, rather than abusing your body (either by undereating or overeating)?

I’m giving the keynote address at a behavioral sciences conference in Alaska this weekend, and my topic is eating disorders. As usual, I’ll feel conspicuous about what I’m eating because I know I’ll be judged, and there’s a very thin line I can walk without people thinking I’m messed up in SOME way. What I try to remember is what I told a parent once who asked me how she should talk to her daughter about the fact that she’s dieting, per doctor’s orders. I told her to make sure her daughter knew it was on doctor’s orders: “The doctor said I need to lose weight to be as healthy as possible, whereas you, since you’re growing, need to keep gaining weight to be as healthy as possible.” Next time you encounter someone who judges your weight-loss efforts, just tell them it’s all on doctor’s orders. I’ve found it’s the most effective way to de-politicize the whole thing. But yeah, I know how exhausting it is…

• 29. winterwheat  |  April 25th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

p.s. Love the red hair. You look totally hot.

• 30. Melissa  |  April 26th, 2007 at 11:38 am

I greatly admire your perspective on this issue. Thanks for being so honest and eloquent.

• 31. mollykath  |  April 27th, 2007 at 6:04 am

Ah yes, one of the two topics I never can totally escape (along with If/When to Have the Babies). Have you read Appetites by Carolyn Knapp? I recommend it to anyone who has ever had any angst over her weight and wondered why it matters so much.

There are so many things wrapped into food and body issues — one, healthy and thin are NOT the same thing. Two, “plus size” seems to equal 10-12, which marginalizes a whole lot of women. Three, being thin and eating small amounts somehow gets portrayed as virtuous, and being anything other than thin seems to indicate gluttony and lack of restraint, so morality gets wrapped up into body image, which is BUNK…four, I think Americans have a really effed up relationship with food as a whole, and can’t just treat it like FOOD – to be eaten and enjoyed – and instead are constantly counting and measuring and looking for Free Passes in the eating and dieting game (and viewing exercise as a means to an end – thinness – instead of an activity that can and should be enjoyed for more reasons than the number of calories burned)…and finally, the one that pisses me off the most, is the way in which women turn against each other and attack one another based on lifestyles or decisions different from their own…in the same way that I see breast-feeding and the decision whether or not to stay home with kids turn women against each other, food/body image/dieting/the desire to lose weight does the same thing. The fact is, losing a few pounds has NOTHING to do with selling out the sisterhood. I’m not going to hold onto 10 extra pounds to make a political statement; I’m going to do what feels right for me.

[Ahem, end body image manifesto…]

• 32. Carla Hinkle  |  April 27th, 2007 at 8:19 am

Came over through Emily’s blog … great post.

I’m not heavy (my BMI is in the healthy zone already) but I am heavier than I used to be. And heavier than I am comfortable with. I guess I was X weight for so many years that when I am consistently above that weight, I just don’t feel good about myself.

I won’t delude myself that I am losing weight to be healthier — it is pure vanity. I want to get back into those small-sized clothes in my closet. Actually, I hear myself giving me the “well, it’s just important that you’re healthy” talk as an avoidance tactic for losing weight when I don’t really mean it.

Anyway, I don’t think that means I have an unhealthy mindset. I generally like myself — I just like myself more a bit thinner. Nothing wrong with that, I think.

• 33. Heather B.  |  April 28th, 2007 at 6:42 am

I tend to have horrible, HORRIBLE, self esteem and body issues, and yet it’s the one thing I have not ever written about, for it would be paragraph after paragraph of me saying “Look at the size of my ass!” With photos to boot.

But it only makes me love you more that you are able to accept things about yourself and just get over it. Dude, I so want to be you when I grow up.

• 34. -R-  |  May 7th, 2007 at 11:24 am

I had to come back and look at this post because I think I bought those shoes this weekend. Are they from Target? I got them on sale, so I don’t care if they are ugly!

• 35. toneing shoes&hellip  |  April 7th, 2010 at 8:58 pm

toneing shoes…

Very good post. Made me realize I was totally wrong about this issue. I figure that one learns something new everyday. Mrs Right learned her lesson! Nice, informative website by the way. I’m linking because I think my readers will enjoy it as much as …

• 36. best leg toning shoes&hellip  |  April 17th, 2010 at 10:38 pm

best leg toning shoes…

• 37. bdsm  |  April 1st, 2011 at 7:47 am

Very good post. I realized that I was totally wrong on this issue. I think you learn something new every day. Mrs. Right learned its lesson! Nice, informative site by road.