I’m On A Boat, Take II

January 29th, 2010

A brief weekend update to what I alluded to on my last entry, this time with purpose!

About a month ago, Jennie mentioned her company was doing an upcoming anthology on True Blood. And people, you KNOW how I feel about True Blood, considering it’s the only show I’ve seen in its entirety more than twice since the Golden Girls. Ergo, and perhaps totally unsurprisingly, she suggested I submit a topic to the editor, and I did, and surprisingly, they accepted it.

The first time my words will be in something bound and it’s about … vampires and sex. Fitting! Anyway, I’m obviously very excited and can now totally come out with it (and out with Jennie, now that she’s outed herself). We’re all out! And proud! Or something.

The point of this is that the anthology is announced (it’s being released in June, with at least two or three updates on the essay from me throughout the third season), and you can go vote on the cover.

If you’re wondering, by the way, if my essay is on the sexy beast that is Eric and why/how/whatthefuck Alexander Skarsgard was thinking with those purported silicone back implants, you’re wrong. My essay is about Bill. BILL! I know! I didn’t see that one coming either, but it seems I have STRONG FEELINGS on what Alan Ball and Stephen Moyer are doing to Bill, and by association, Sookie, and folks, it’s not good. (SOOKEH! BEEEEL!)

Separately, Smart Pop Books are fantastic, you guys, and I’m not just saying that. I’ve contributed to a lot of things here and there and just taken the money and ran without making a thing of it, because the product (other than my brilliant contribution, of course), has sucked. These, however? Are beyond awesome. If you’re a fan of Television Without Pity or any of the recapping sites, you’ll love these. They have all the wit and smarts, plus deeper analysis. I’m not sure what they were thinking when they agreed to let me write for them. My personal favorite, if you were wondering, is the Charmed one (oh a pun!), which makes the series seem smart and a total win for feminism, meaning I no longer beat myself up for all those hours I spent parked in front of TNT while pregnant. Charmed! Who knew? And Lost! The Lost one is great, too. I’m sure the rest of them are ALSO spectacular, but a) I haven’t gotten to read them all yet; and b) I’m not a fan of all the shows/products they cover, so some of them won’t mean that much to me yet.

I’m not kidding. There is an entire brilliant essay on why the producers of Charmed were BALLS OUT to kill off Prue and I ATE IT UP, because it was SO TRUE and suddenly I didn’t feel so cheated by the way they just left us all dangling there with the whole Shax Did-He-Or-Didn’t-He thing.

Anyway. That’s the scoop. I’m writing and posting now in a separate post not to make a big thing of it intentionally, but because the poll is only up for the weekend, and I want to know what you think. I have an opinion of course, but I’ll save it for the very end.

Happy weekend!

Entry Filed under: I Love Television,True Blood

• 1. Swistle  |  January 29th, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I think this is SO AMAZING and SO EXCITING.

• 2. Carmen  |  January 29th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I agree with Swistle: SO amazing and exciting!

I also watched every episode of Charmed; it’s nice to know that someone else watched as well. I might have to go pick up that book.

• 3. NGS  |  January 29th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Done voted.

I really want the one on Gilmore Girls because I want to believe that all the time I wasted in front of the tv was not, you know, wasted.

• 4. Leah  |  January 29th, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Nice work, lady!

• 5. Marie Green  |  January 30th, 2010 at 9:22 am

I am so excited for you! Great job! Also, you’ve just become proof that watching TV really *is* a way to land a gig, which I think is beyond awesome. And that sounds kind of flip, but I really mean it. I’m blown away at how cool it is!

Congrats!

• 6. Sam  |  January 30th, 2010 at 10:53 am

I had no idea there were books about TV shows like this! Uh, where do I find someone so I can write about Teen Mom or Intervention? And there’s a Gilmore Girls one?

Can’t wait to read your essay. Definitely keep us posted. Congratulations!

• 7. AndreAnna  |  January 30th, 2010 at 11:01 am

So exciting!!!

• 8. leigh  |  January 30th, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Yay! I just discovered True Blood and watched both seasons in, like, two weekends. Eric. Yum.

Going to vote now.

• 9. mar  |  January 30th, 2010 at 10:24 pm

w00t! congrats! i’m off to vote.

• 10. -R-  |  January 31st, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Congrats on the publication!

• 11. Liz  |  February 1st, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Hi! Congrats! This sounds like a very cool opportunity.

Quick question: have you ever read any of the TelevisionWithoutPity True Love recaps? If not, get thee there NOW. The recapper has A LOT to say about the show, the mythology, and Jason Stackhouses’s abs. It’s well worth the read, for sure

(I’m not affiliated with the site, unless of course you count the hours of my day spent procrastinating to it)

• 12. Liz  |  February 1st, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Ha! You know, I hated him with a fiery passion (Flames! On the side of my face!) when he would recap American Idol, but then slowly he broke me down. Once he got to Gossip Girl (um, I swear I have life outside of TV. SHUT IT. I DO) I was won over.

A lot of his mythology stuff I skip right past, because um, I don’t really care, but most of the recap I just find hysterical.

But then, I wave at black people, so what do I know.

• 13. designer bags  |  August 17th, 2011 at 3:17 am

Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am enjoy it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! all the best![url=http://www.buy-designerbags.com/]designer bags[/url]

• 14. cheap basketball shoes(10  |  August 17th, 2011 at 3:35 am

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article.[url=http://www.nbashoes-sale.com/]cheap basketball shoes[/url]

• 15. coogi clothing  |  August 17th, 2011 at 4:04 am

The theme is really attractive. Congratulations to the author of the blog![

• 16. cheap Burberry outlet  |  August 18th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I never thought of this angle regarding this subject. Great post. I will bookmark it straightaway.[url=http://www.cheap-burberryoutlet.com/]cheap Burberry outlet[/url]

• 17. pharmacie en ligne  |  October 7th, 2011 at 6:41 am

Good tip. I did it and it worked. Thanks.

• 18. moncler jackets for men  |  October 19th, 2011 at 8:04 am

During this period, the look of the leather was utilized in everything from small purses and wallets to larger pieces of luggage.

• 19. What Can You Be expecting&hellip  |  October 21st, 2011 at 2:36 am

[…] | raising children | dogs | free web traffic | desert gardening | aviation | style | jewelry | contemporary art | writing contest | Cette entrée a été publiée dans Non classé. Vous pouvez la mettre en […]

• 20. paris turf  |  December 11th, 2011 at 9:31 am

Very interesting article. It helps me a lot.

• 21. 5 Sales Coaching Tips Tha&hellip  |  December 16th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

[…] consideration the following tips… Tags: | knowledge | energy efficiency | natural health | growing up | natural weight loss | foodie | natural weight loss | technology | dreams | poetry | Cette […]

• 22. sadfsad  |  December 20th, 2011 at 9:39 am