Three of Us in a Boat

January 26th, 2012

Can we talk about personality quirks? I was thinking about this yesterday as Adam and I were getting ready for bed. We are RIDICULOUS about bedtime and we often joke that we’re so prescriptive in the way we get ready for bed NOW that when we’re old, it’s going to be so over-ritualized that we’re going to have to start at 4 p.m. We both wear earplugs (and yes, we can hear Sam, it just muffles the tandem snoring), while I have an eye mask, a specific requirement for pajamas (thin cotton pants, T-shirt) AND sleeping underwear and a certain pattern of left-side, right-side flopping until I can settle in to sleep.

Adam, on the other hand, uses earplugs, as I mentioned, but cannot fall asleep unless he’s watched a few minutes of television with wireless headphones (so as not to disturb me). The headphones, however, HAVE to be over the earplugs, so that he can seamlessly take them off when he starts to drift off to sleep. It’s absurd. It’s ABSURD.

(People expecting babies, we are hope that you will be able to somewhat reliably go to bed and expect to sleep through the night just like you used to someday. Swear.)

(I’m going to read this post in June.)

Second, I brought this up on Twitter because I so rarely stay angry for, say, more than five minutes. I’m a quick-tempered, quick-cooling personality. I get really fired up, really fast, and I’m pretty good at addressing it right away (though sometimes TOO aggressively, as is the pitfall of this personality type), and then once it’s out, it’s out. I’m not angry anymore. Grudges, smudges, really. I don’t hold them, except in rare instances when someone’s unkind and or disrespects someone I love, when I strangely become a CHAMPION GRUDGE-HOLDER and can’t forgive anything, even things that should be forgivable.

(This is not to say I blow up often, because I don’t.)

ANYWAY, a few times lately, I’ve found myself irrationally holding on to things that wouldn’t normally linger, and frankly, they SHOULDN’T linger (hello, pregnant), but what it makes me think is that people who are long-simmering types must be VERY STRESSED OUT. How do you carry all that anger with you for more than a few minutes? Grudges! So exhausting!

Finally, if I were the type to write one of those pithy bios I would write that one of my major dislikes is when the big cups flip over in the dishwasher, filling up with ganky water. I like laundry—LOVE laundry, in fact—and would literally rather wash an entire load of EXCREMENT-FILLED CLOTHING than deal with the wet food issues that accompany dishwashing of any sort. I hate the dishes. I hate that we have to eat off of dishes. I wish it were environmentally acceptable to use ALL PAPER PRODUCTS and disposable pots and pans. No dishes! DOWN WITH DISHES.

Now I want to know everything about your quirks, because I feel naked.

Happy weekend!

*Jackopierce

Entry Filed under: General jackassery,The anxious anxiety

• 1. bailey bow uggs cheap  |  December 24th, 2012 at 11:03 pm

鍬ブレードに弓をしました、彼が再び表示され怪しいと思われるために、その表示されていることに現れているように見える異常と思われるオプションを感じました。これがあったそれは乾燥した鍬Liushenwuzhu村を免除彼の

• 2. beats by dre discount  |  December 27th, 2012 at 12:07 am

The new place is the new service will make frequent communication and optional, Interesting articles on information like this is a great find.

• 3. burberry outlet  |  December 27th, 2012 at 12:13 am

Meanwhile, to some people, write a blog is seeking to obtain employment of one way, I will pay attention to you, I hope you can post more articles

• 4. burberry uk  |  December 27th, 2012 at 12:16 am

Thanks for a great post and interesting comments, thank you for sharing,that is really amazing dear buddy keep it up.

• 5. Beats By Dre Outlet  |  December 28th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

UN confronts failure of diplomacy in Syria. Hi dear, had a great time chatting with you at email! this is a great blog! hope all goes well with the move!

• 6. Burberry Outlet  |  December 29th, 2012 at 2:30 am

GOP cheers as Dems back Markey. Thank you so much dear! I’m happy to hear that you’re inspired and on your way- I wish you nothing but the best!!

• 7. Polo Oultet  |  December 29th, 2012 at 2:59 am

Shipping strike averted. Thanks for your reply! I will definitely stick around and hopefully I can learn better writing habits.

• 8. beats by dre discount  |  January 15th, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Your blog is both simple and very charming, thank you for sharing,that is really amazing dear buddy keep it up

• 9. burberry outlet  |  January 15th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Such a creative can make this article look more patient. I love it. Of course,this is a interesting post, but also a bit monotonous

• 10. michael kors outlet  |  January 15th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

The world does not know how many people, for ShuLan mistake of his life. A lot of philosophical knowledge is of great significance, I very appreciate

• 11. Coletta Conaway  |  January 23rd, 2013 at 4:31 am

• 12. Sexy bikini  |  January 23rd, 2013 at 4:45 am

She added: ‘For me, doing swim, it’s the best part of being a Victoria’s Secret Angel Sexy bikini because I love the sun and the ocean.

• 13. Cheap Supra Shoes 2013  |  March 5th, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Thank you very much.Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

• 14. Beat By Dre Outlet  |  March 6th, 2013 at 10:48 pm

If mesothelioma is actually a rogue viral infe, I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally

• 15. Burberry Outlet Online  |  March 8th, 2013 at 1:51 am

I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include almost all significant infos. I’d like to look more posts like this .

• 16. Christian Louboutin Outlet  |  March 8th, 2013 at 1:52 am

I wish to say that this post is amazing, I’d like to look more posts like this .

• 17. Polo Oultet  |  March 8th, 2013 at 1:53 am

• 18. Michael Kors Outlet Online  |  March 11th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Very creative blog, every word is very classical, hope can write more articles of this type.

• 19. michael kors factory outlet  |  March 11th, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Article image and a vivid description is too hard to forget, it enriched my spare life.

• 20. beats by dre discount  |  March 11th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

When my friends and I are reading this blog, are deeply moved by, everyone said is very interesting, thank you

• 21. michael kors factory outlet  |  March 11th, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Point in the article is really unique . I really like your article . We look forward to your next article .

• 22. gucci outlet online  |  March 13th, 2013 at 11:48 pm

which in itself is dynamic competition, grasp the concerns grasp the eye will grasp the patient’s expectations

• 23. Clarisonic Mia 2  |  March 13th, 2013 at 11:49 pm

to carry out charitable activities of groups concerned about the degree and community influence

• 24. Hogan Shoes Outlet Sale  |  March 13th, 2013 at 11:49 pm

a retired veteran cadres for the Government, the annual free medical examination of the outstanding teachers

• 25. cheap louis vuitton T-shirts  |  March 25th, 2013 at 4:06 am

That is great, thanks.

• 26. Civil Construction Courses  |  March 28th, 2013 at 12:36 am

cool site we need more updates bookmark it for laterCivil Construction Courses

• 27. men cufflinks  |  April 1st, 2013 at 5:51 am

• 28. foam cement  |  April 2nd, 2013 at 4:26 am

• 29. dentist in morristown  |  April 3rd, 2013 at 5:30 am

• 30. sole proprietor  |  May 6th, 2013 at 3:12 am

What is the Sole Proprietorship?
    Establishing a sole proprietorship is cheap and relatively uncomplicated. You don’t have to file any papers to set it up — you create a sole proprietorship just by going into business. In other words, if you’ll be the only owner of the business you’re starting; your business will automatically be a sole proprietorship, unless you incorporate it or organize it as an LLC. Of course, you do have to get the same business licenses and permits as any other company that goes into the same business

• 31. Michael Kors Outlet Online  |  June 2nd, 2013 at 8:11 pm

A good blog, too wonderful, in every detail processing is very careful, thank you.

• 32. marc jacobs jewelry for sale  |  June 15th, 2013 at 11:05 am

You have got to keep walking. As well as bartender over tennis, When you’re a year, Must another poker professionals, Basically Norwich. I’m certain every single company will prove to add back to the team.. While the organizers throughout the IPL as well as the those internet marketing marketplace husbands and wives now experience for good business,

• 33. wordpress.com&hellip  |  June 27th, 2013 at 4:06 am

wordpress.com…

Three of Us in a Boat | Jonniker….

• 34. Prada Outlet  |  July 2nd, 2013 at 2:12 am

Good composition is different, can let us to learn. Look at my homepage might you want to surprise